Join us and be a mentor.
You can do this!
Share Your Experience and Make a Difference
The GMI Mission
GMI prepares underserved college students, refugees, and early career candidates around the world for success in their job search by providing them with the tools and guidance needed to be successful. This is accomplished through a structured, short-term, online, one to one mentorship with a business professional.
GMI Makes it Easy to be a Great Mentor
- 14 one-hour sessions by video conference. No expectation to continue working with your mentee after the 14 sessions.
- You can designate which region you prefer your mentee to be located in when you apply.
- GMI provides everything you need – step by step with the Mentor Resources Portal.
- Each session has a mentor guide and student materials to provide a consistent approach.
- You don’t need to be an expert, just add your own personal experience.
- GMI provides email templates to communicate with your student after each session, saving time.
Ready to Get Started?
- Please complete the online application below.
- Mentor candidates should be at least 25 years old and have a BA/BS in their chosen field or 5+ years of professional experience
- Because we are working with a vulnerable population group, GMI requires a criminal background check for mentors. For US mentors, this is conducted independently through First Advantage/Profile Advantage. GMI requests that you cover the $11 cost for this. Otherwise, there is no cost to be a GMI mentor.
- If you reside outside of the US, other verification options are available to make it easy to be a mentor. We will follow up with you after you apply.
- After applying, you are asked to view a 30-minute online mentor orientation before your first mentoring session.
- After you apply below, GMI will contact you with the next steps to be matched with a mentee.
- Thank you for giving your time to help someone who will appreciate it!
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions, we’re glad to meet to provide more details. We have optional standing 30-minute Q&A meetings every week.