Join us and be a mentor. You can do this!
Share Your Experience with an Underserved College Student and Make a Difference
What it Takes to be a Mentor
- The desire to share your knowledge and experience with an underserved college student in the United States or around the world. You can designate which country or college you prefer.
- Watch a 30-minute online orientation before your first mentoring session.
- GMI provides everything you need to guide your student. You don’t need to be an expert, just follow the GMI Mentor Guide and add your own personal experience.
- Meet with your student by teleconference for one hour, for 14 sessions either once a week or every two weeks.
- Please complete the online application below.
- Mentor candidates should be at least 25 years old and have a BA/BS in their chosen field.
- Mentors candidates agree to a 14-hour commitment for the mentoring relationship.
- A criminal background check is independently conducted through Sterling Volunteers.
- GMI requests that you cover the $11 expense for completing the criminal background check. Otherwise, there is no cost to be a GMI mentor.