GMI Mentorship Opportunity For UC Merced Candidates
What We Do
GMI prepares eligible candidates around the world for success in their job search by providing them with the tools and guidance needed to be successful. This is accomplished through a structured, online, short-term, one to one mentorship with a business professional. GMI partners with 45 universities and organizations representing students from over 90 countries.
GMI mentorship guides students to:
- Establish a professional business network using LinkedIn
- Develop soft skills to excel in business
- Improve communication skills for a global business environment
- Create a career plan and set measurable goals
- Build a resume/CV that gets noticed by job recruiters
- Leverage templates and guides for conducting a job search
- Master the job interview process with confidence
- Distinguish themselves in their first job
Learn more about GMI in this short video.
“My mentorship with GMI has helped me get ready for my job search and set career goals. My mentor has been incredible, and I feel much better prepared and confident to succeed.”
-Kayri Garcia, UC Merced Class of 2022
Why You Should Consider This Mentorship
- Develop the business skills needed to succeed in your first professional position.
- Identify your business aspirations and create realistic steps to achieving your goals.
- Increase your understanding of the professional skills required for global business.
- Receive professional assistance to create a resume or CV that will land the job you are looking for.
- While you will not necessarily be matched with a mentor in your career field, you will be matched with a business professional to build a strong professional network to expand your career options.
- Become a qualified, competitive candidate for positions with local and global organizations.
- Line up career options before graduating to start your professional journey.
Eligibility / Requirements
- Affiliated with a GMI partner university or organization
- Commit to actively engage in 14 one-hour virtual sessions with your mentor
- Candidate must be proficient in English or French
- Must have access to a video capable laptop or PC with internet connection for the sessions (not just a smartphone)
- Within final 2 years of bachelor’s degree, final year of an associate’s degree, or recently graduated and working towards obtaining your first career
- Must be between the ages of 20-35 at time of application
Ready to Get Started?
- Sign up using the form below
- After registering, you will be sent instructions on how to view a brief online orientation before being matched with a mentor
- GMI will contact you with the next steps to begin your mentorship