GMI Mentorship Opportunity For Blacks In Technology Students
What We Do
GMI prepares college students around the world for success in their job search by providing them with the tools and guidance needed to be successful. This is accomplished through a structured, online, short-term, one to one mentorship with a business professional. GMI partners with 30 universities and organizations representing students from over 50 countries.
GMI mentorship guides students to:
- Establish a professional business network using LinkedIn
- Develop soft skills to excel in business
- Improve communication skills for a global business environment
- Create a career plan and set measurable goals
- Build a resume/CV that gets noticed by job recruiters
- Leverage templates and guides for conducting a job search
- Master the job interview process with confidence
- Distinguish themselves in their first job
Learn more about GMI in this short video.
“My GMI mentorship was a great experience and I feel better prepared as I begin my career. I learned so much in 14-weeks and the interview techniques helped me land a great internship.”
-Synethia Mathews, United States Senate Intern, Delta State University Student
Why You Should Consider This Mentorship
- Develop the business skills needed to succeed in your first professional position.
- Identify your business aspirations and create realistic steps to achieving your goals.
- Increase your understanding of the professional skills required for global business.
- Receive professional assistance to create a resume or CV that will land the job you are looking for.
- Build a strong professional network to expand your career options.
- Become a qualified, competitive candidate for positions with local and global organizations.
- Line up career options before graduating to start your professional journey.
Eligibility / Requirements
- Enrolled in a GMI partner college in your third or fourth year
- Be dedicated to advancing your career and professional development
- Commit to actively engage in 14 one-hour virtual sessions with your mentor
- Complete your pre- and post- mentorship surveys
Ready to Get Started?
- Sign up using the form below
- After registering, you will be sent instructions on how to view a brief online orientation before being matched with a mentor
- GMI will contact you with the next steps to begin your mentorship